38 South Market Street / Johnstown NY 12095 (518) 762-8317
Senior Library Clerk *revised on 7/12/2017
The Johnstown Public Library seeks an enthusiastic, highly-motivated individual for the position of Senior Library Clerk. This position reports to the Library Director and is responsible for providing direct, friendly library and technical service to patrons of all ages, processing library material, supervision of library pages, and other related activities.
Schedule includes daytime, evening, and weekend hours, averaging 26 hours per week. Starting rate is $12.00/hr, commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will have:
• High school diploma or equivalent AND one year of library clerical experience.
• Working knowledge of library services and practices as well as business arithmetic;
• Good knowledge of library filing and shelving rules;
• Ability to plan, coordinate, and supervise the work of others;
• Courtesy, patience, flexibility, and a sense of humor!
The position of Senior Clerk is a competitive position within the Fulton County Civil Service Department. The successful applicant will be appointed provisionally and must be reachable on the Senior Library Clerk list, from a Civil Service test to be held at a future date.
Fulton County residency is required.
Employment applications are available online here or in hard copy at the library. Completed applications must be submitted by August 4, 2017 via email to Erica Wing at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Johnstown Public Library
38 S Market St
Johnstown, NY 12095
Questions about the position should be directed to Erica Wing at email@example.com or 762-8317x25.